Popular, intelligent, beautiful, very social and active cats. They look like real oriental representatives, although the origin of this breed is not known for sure. Since the 20st century, they are one of the most widespread cats in Europe and North America.
Despite many misunderstandings, Siemese cats are really people-oriented, loving and perfect companions. They are friendly, active, affectionate, very vocal, adore playing with both adults and children. These cats are very devoted and loyal, very often they are called “extroverts”.
A typical Siemese has a rather big body with fine-boned legs and a long tail. Ears are large, coat is short and eyes are so beautiful – bright and blue. As a rule, they come in the following colours: blue, chocolate, lilac and seal. Cream, red, lynx and tortie are created by outcrossing.
Cats are very elegant, a bit haughty, but very attractive.
Some cats really enjoy brushing, but actually, they don’t need it badly.
Bad and good habits:
First of all, bad features:
- Sometimes, when they are alone at home, these cats like to be up high (on the top of fridges, bookcases, tables etc.)
- Too loud;
- Eyes are often glazed over.
- They are very domesticated cats;
- Loving, caring and kind breed;
- Prices are not very high;
- Very intelligent cats;
- Require very little grooming.
Have you ever owned one?